Friday, December 18, 2009

JDN Hanukkah Party

Last weekend, Adina Krausz, Jewish Disabilities Network (JDN) coordinator, hosted a Hanukkah party for participants of the group and their families. About 30 people attended and enjoyed traditional Hanukkah foods including latkes with applesauce and traditional jelly donuts, sufganiot.

Adina's husband, Daniel lit the menorah and led everyone in singing the blessings and Hanukkah songs. Participants also iced Hanukkah cookies, decorated cards for residents at Shalom Park, and enjoyed socializing with each other. Barb Goldstein, a JDN and Shalom Park volunteer, said, "Last year, I witnessed how much joy it gives the residents to receive a card, and I wanted to make sure that they had the chance to get them again this year. "

Adina adds, "Since Hanukkah is a holiday that is celebrated in the home, I enjoyed opening up my home for the party and sharing it with all my JDN friends and clients."

No comments: