Friday, August 14, 2009

Meet Our Summer Intern, Naomi Rouff!

This summer we had a marketing intern at JFS. Meet Naomi Rouff, a marketing major at the University of Colorado. A native of Denver, Naomi graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School and has volunteered in the JFS Weinberg Food Pantry several times.

"I was familiar with JFS from volunteering in the Pantry and I wanted the opportunity to learn more about nonprofit marketing," says Naomi. "It was a great experience and I enjoyed being part of the marketing team for the summer!"

During her internship, Naomi conducted several research projects, assisted with the agency's social media efforts, and organized our press clippings. "I had no idea how big JFS was or how many programs it had before I started my internship," says Naomi. "It was cool to learn more about the agency and how it markets its services and I enjoyed helping a good organization."

Naomi finished her internship this week to move back to Boulder. We hope to see her back next summer! Thank you, Naomi, for all your help!

If you are interested in volunteer or internship opportunities, please contact Nancy Benyamin, director of volunteer services, at (303) 597.5000 x369.

No comments: